Anesthesiology Opportunity in Northern New Jersey - Next to NYC!!
Responsible for the pre-op assessment of the patient, administration of anesthesia and the initial post op
recovery of the patient; may also provide pain management care and treatment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform a pre-op assessment of the patient to evaluate the risk to anesthesia and the procedure to
2. Discusses the choice of anesthesia with the patient and explains the administration procedure.
3. Administers anesthesia in accordance with generally acceptable standards of medical practice.
4. Monitors the patient’s condition throughout the procedure.
5. Works with the surgeon during the procedure and administers medications, as needed.
6. Accompanies the patient to the recovery room, reports the status of the patient to the recovery
room nurse and remains with the patient through the initial assessment to ascertain the stability of
7. Is alert to sign and symptoms of respiratory and cardiac emergencies and responds appropriately.
8. As per individual privileges, provides pain management care and treatment.
9. Maintains current and complete documentation in the medical record that reflects the care and
service provided to the patient.
10. Participates as a member of the medical staff and adheres to the medical staff By-Laws.
11. Participates as a member of a committee, as requested by the Medical Director.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
1. Currently licensed as a Physician in the State of New Jersey.
2. Meets the definition of a qualified specialist.
3. Meets all of the requirements for appointment/reappointment of the Medical Staff.
4. Maintains ACLS Certification.
*Competitive Salary (to be discussed directly with the group) and a full benefits package is offered!