New: Medical Director Opportunity near New York City, NY!!
Medical Director needed at ACS sites in the Bronx and Brooklyn. Seeking Administrator to run the program. Staff at ACS work in two juvenile detention centers where medical and dental services are provided to at-risk youth.
The Medicaid requirement is not required here, as this is a non-billable site. Considering Family Practice Physicians or Pediatricians.
TITLE: Medical Director - ACS
REPORTS TO: Chief Medical Officer
PURPOSE: Direct patient care, provide clinical supervision, and carry out program development.
Direct Patient Care:
- Medical screening, evaluations and primary care to ACS adolescents.
- Serve as liaison between Hospital, ACS, and other medical facilities for patients referred to those facilities.
- Participate in case conference and case management activities.
- Recruit, train and supervise medical and dental providers in the performance of their clinical duties.
- Inspect, correct, and process assigned bi-weekly assigned employee timesheets.
- Participate in quality improvement activities, in conjunction with the Quality Improvement Team and the Chief Medical Officer.
- Provide in-service training for the Hospital's professional and administrative staff.
- Identify and maintain clinical staffing requirements.
- Review and modify protocols periodically and evaluate staff performance in relation to these protocols.
- Coordinate with hospitals regarding patients who are transferred to the emergency room or admitted to the hospital.
- Manage dental services and contractual requirements.
- Coordinate with OCFS/CTH regarding patients who have chronic medical problems and are transferred.
- Assure that the mid-level practitioner(s) provides specified services or clinical activities in accordance with accepted medical standards.
- Observe, implement, and promote the federal regulations as defined by HIPPA and Policies and procedures as defined by the Hospital.
- Prepare monthly goals report for submission to ACS.
- Ensure compliance with all grant specific reporting and requirements.
- May initiate and participate in research related to health care or allied fields, in collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer.
Assignment, Review And Approval Of Work:
The Program Director may assign other duties, assignments, and special projects, as needed.
The office is temperature-controlled and the noise level is kept to a minimum in accordance with professional office practices. The incumbent will have office space to conduct his/her job functions. The agency observes a no-smoking policy.
Background and Education:
M.D or D.O. degree from an accredited medical school; New York State Board Certification in Pediatrics or Family Medicine, M.P.H. or experience in hospital administration recommended; minimum three years related experience in family, pediatric, adolescent urban populations; ability to speak Spanish or other languages a plus.
*Competitive Salary (to be discussed with the Client) and Full Benefits Package is offered.