New Cardiology (Non-Interventional) Opportunity in Northern Indiana - Between Detroit & Chicago!!
Practice Opportunity Profile: Cardiology (Non- interventional)
- Seeking General Cardiologist. Noninvasive or invasive.
- Great opportunity to replace a very busy non-interventional cardiologist who is retiring. (can have full clinic from day 1, if so desired).
- This is multispecialty practice with built in referral base from our primary care colleagues.
- Provides a great deal of autonomy.
- Research opportunities.
- Coverage for one local hospital only.
- Great Midwestern town to raise family. Close to Chicago and Grand Rapids, Notre Dame, Indiana Dunes National Park.
Area Description: Located just 2 miles south of the Michigan border, it is a family-friendly community with a wide range of recreational activities for every season from water skiing in the summers to snow skiing in the winters. Chicago, Indianapolis, National Park and Lake Michigan are just a short drive away, with the University of Notre Dame's beautiful campus within minutes. County's population is 205,000 and offers 7 public school systems, and over 50 private schools. City provides a strong manufacturing economy with a concentration in recreational vehicles and manufactured housing. Low unemployment. Indiana is a malpractice friendly state for physicians.
- Board certified (or Eligible) for Cardiovascular Disease and Cardiovascular fellowship done at U.S. medical center with the last 5 years.
Caseload Average: 15-20 patients per office day including 4-5 stress tests.
Office: Usually three full days per week.
Call Rotation: 1 in 3 for general cardiology.
Salary Range: $400,000 to $500,000 based on experience.
Number of existing physicians in specialty:
- 2 Interventional cardiologists at the Clinic.
- There is another cardiology group at General Hospital.
Description of Practice environment
- Three exam rooms per physician
- Two echocardiography, two stress rooms
- In-clinic nuclear medicine lab with CardioMD cardiac camera.
- Holter monitoring equipment, Event recorder, EKG machine, Pacer programmers, two echo technicians, nuclear medicine technician and experienced RN, LPN reception staff.
- Cerner EMR both at clinic and at hospital.
Description of Hospital environment (as it applies to your specialty):
- Single community 270-bed hospital.
- Hospital has all cardiac services- PCI, TAVR, CABG, EP.
- Hospital performed over 300 open-heart surgeries annually.
- 3 cardiac catheterization rooms
- 24 beds closed ICU, managed by intensivist.
- 9 ORs