Physician Assistant with Pain Management Experience Needed - East Coast of Florida!!
Daytona Beach area...
Must have interest in assisting with the treatment of patient with chronic pain. Provider will work under supervision of two board certified pain management specialists. The candidate should possess the following qualities and skills: good bedside manner, an empathic and cooperative disposition, good clinical skills and fund of knowledge.
Job duties will include:
1. Assessment of patients with different types of pain by performing interviews, physical examination and documentation of patients' services on the electronic medical record.
2. Performs trigger point injections, Botox injections, bursa and joint injections (knees and shoulders) if deemed appropriate by the attending physician.
3. Order appropriate necessary lab work, imaging studies and consultations to help with the diagnosis and treatment of patient with the attending physician as indicated.
4. Assists the attending staff in the collection of data to determine the effectiveness of the treatment offered at the pain management clinic in order to improve the quality of care.
5. Discusses and explains to patients, results of diagnostic tests ordered and the goals of the treatment plan.
6. Refills non controlled pain medications and provides continuity of care. Refills controlled pain medications on a limited basis and in compliance with Federal and Florida law and client policies.
7. Earns CME credits related to pain management at least once a year and fulfills the requirements of the PA licensure body.
8. Assist the attending physician in educating the patients about different pain treatment options.
9. Perform an appropriate history and physical examination in preparation for scheduling the patient for an interventional pain treatment as determined by the attending physician.
10. Assists the attending physician and nursing staff in the follow up of intrathecal pump patients seen for refills of the pump.
11. Assists the attending physician to prepare the first patient of day in the procedure area by marking the procedure site.
12. Assists the attending physician to incorporate physiatry, psychiatry/psychology, orthopedic and addiction disciplines in the treatment plan of the chronic pain patient.
13. Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with client policies and procedures, including infection control.
14. Maintains a respectful and professional relationship with the clinical and administrative staff in order to foster a collaborative environment to improve the quality of the care provided to the patients.
15. Maintains PA certification through the National Commission of Physician Assistants.